Top: Tularosa | Denim: GRLFRND | Sandals: Valentino | Handbag: Cult Gaia | Sunglasses: Cèline | Lips: MAC Lipstick 'Blankety' + Anastasia Beverly Hills 'Undressed'
On Valentine's Day, we typically put all of our focus and energy into making sure others around us feel loved. Don't get me wrong, that's a lot of what the holiday should mean, however, making yourself feel love is just as important. This year, CLUSE challenged me to focus on loving myself, so I started thinking about things that I do for 'me time' on a daily or weekly basis. Here are five ways I show myself love:
1. A Long Bath. It's no secret that I'm a bath girl through and through, but it's literally my favorite way to unwind at the end of the day. A hot bath, a glass of wine, and most importantly - no phone is the perfect way to end the day.
2. Adequate Sleep. I know this one seems like a no brainer, but often times we let life take over what's good for us and our bodies. Getting a good nights rest is so important for being alert and productive the next day. On nights that I'm able to go to bed early, I curl up with the hubs + one of our favorite TV shows and make sure I'm getting my 8+ hours.
3. Occasionally Splurging. We all do this now and then, but there's something about checking a material item off of your 'most wanted' list that makes you feel great about yourself. Whether it be a new pair of shoes, a handbag, or watch set, splurge a little on yourself this Valentines Day!
4. Fresh Air. This one might seem a little odd, but there's literally nothing I love more than getting fresh air. Specifically salty, ocean air, but I love it all. I always wake up in the mornings, light candles around the house and open the doors/windows. There's something about fresh air blowing through that's just cleansing and good for the soul.
5. CycleBar. I've never really been one who really enjoys working out or exercising, but I just recently started cycling and I love it. It's so hard, don't get me wrong, but I feel so good while doing it. Just knowing that I'm challenging myself while improving my body and health is so satisfying.
This Valentine's Day, as you're showing love to others, make sure to take some time out of your day and show YOURSELF some love. From the smallest thing to the biggest, know that it's okay to put yourself first. You'll be a better person, wife, mother, and friend for it!
Thanks so much for stopping by, xx.
Thanks to Cluse for partnering on this post!